Some of Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba’s programs & projects include:
• Variety Children’s Heart Centre, which was founded in 1983, screens, assesses and treats up to 5000 children per year.
• Variety Speech and Hearing Clinic at Victoria General Hospital – now the Central Speech and Hearing Clinic
• Variety Children’s Play Area at CancerCare Manitoba.
• Variety Children’s Dental Outreach Program, established in 2005 at the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Dentistry, *ADESA is also our founding partner of this program.
• Variety Heritage Adventure Park located at The Forks National Historic Site in partnership with Parks Canada.
• Variety’s Camp Brereton located in the Whiteshell Provincial Park.
• Variety’s Music in Daycare and Elementary School Music Therapy Programs.
• Variety Children’s Therapeutic Clown Program at St. Boniface General Hospital.
• Special Needs assistance for children that could include custom wheelchairs, adapted vehicles & cycles, specialized learning devices & more.
Monty and Marilyn Hall visit children at a Variety funded daycare.
The Variety Club took up care for Catherine and funded her living expenses and education. After raising more funds than required for Catherine’s care, the Variety Club set about using these funds to help other disadvantaged children. Since 1927, Variety has expanded to include tents in 13 countries, including Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Great Britain (Variety chapters are called tents in homage to Variety’s show business roots). These organizations have managed to raise in excess of $2 Billion to help children worldwide. A rarity amongst international charities, the funds raised by individual Variety tents remain within their area, with the exception of a small annual stipend to Variety International.
Just a few of the Variety kids who will directly benefit from this exciting project.